Have you ever seen photos of beautiful red rock mountains that look larger than life? If so, they are most likely in beautiful Sedona, Arizona. Those magical mountains can never be captured to their full potential. You have to be standing amidst them to feel the magic creep up over your shoulders.
Set the date to stand amidst the beauties and then open the gift below:
Your Guide to a Weekend in Sedona
Let’s start with the top things to do in sedona, the top places to eat, and the most romantic places in town. Then we share our recommend itinerary for a guaranteed romantic weekend. Click one of the tabs below to get started.
- Summary: The most popular hike in Sedona that is short (1.5mi total up/down) but steep.
- Address: Back O’Beyond Road, Coconino National Forest, Sedona, AZ 86336
- Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
- Tips: Wear sunscreen, bring water, start early to find parking, and take lots of pictures!
Chapel of the Holy Cross
- Summary: A small but beautiful chapel built in the rocks with beautiful views of Sedona.
- Address: 780 Chapel Road, Sedona, AZ 86336
- Hours: Everyday from 10am-5pm
- Tips: Parking is limited so be patient, but it’s worth a quick visit.
Slide Rock State Park
- Summary: A beautiful 43 acre park to explore, hike, hop in the freezing cold water, and slip down the rock slides!
- Address: 6871 N Highway 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- Hours: See the website as hours change each season
- Tips: You must arrive early before parking gets full and they turn people away. It’s best to the go in the summertime when the water isn’t as cold. Take as little cars as possible because the park fee is per car.
- Summary: Hop on a jeep that will take you on an adventurous and exhilarating ride through the canyons! The most popular company is “Pink Jeep Tours” but we loved “A Day in the West“. See if you can find a deal on Groupon.
- Address: Most jeep tours depart from downtown Sedona
- Hours: Tours run all day but spaces fill up so book ahead of time
- Tips: Go early before it gets too hot outside. Don’t forget your big girl/boy panties…prepare to scream on this crazy adventure!
- Summary: Stroll around Main Street and you’ll see lots of fun shops selling beef jerky, crystals, chocolate, artwork, and much more!
- Address: Main Street, Sedona, AZ 86336
- Hours: All store hours vary.
- Tips: Check the website’s Calendar of Events because there are frequent festivals and events throughout the year!
Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill
- Summary: A newer fine dining restaurant with beyond beautiful views of the red rocks.
- Address: 700 W Highway 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
- Hours: Daily | Lunch 11:30am-2:30pm and Dinner 5pm
- Tips: You’ll have to make a reservation on OpenTable.
- Summary: A Mexican restaurant within a hotel that doesn’t appear to be much from the outside, but it’s a battle to get a table here because the food is out of this world.
- Address: 771 State Route 179, Sedona, AZ 86336
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 5pm-9pm
- Tips: Reservations are not accepted and you will not get a table if you show up after 6pm. Get there before 5pm, seriously. While you wait, enjoy some popcorn and drinks from their wait bar!
- Summary: A good American food spot because of its back patio with red rock views.
- Address: 671 State Route 179, Suite D, Sedona, AZ 86336
- Hours: Open 11:30am-9pm daily
- Tips: Request a table outside on the patio for lunch if the weather is nice.
L’Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek
- Summary: Heaven on Earth. This is “our spot” where we go every October and celebrate our love.
- Address: 301 L’Auberge Lane, Sedona, AZ 86336
- Hours: Monday-Saturday from 7am-10pm | Sunday from 9am-10pm
- Tips: Make a reservation for breakfast or lunch at Etch Kitchen & Bar (because dinner is pricier) and request a table by the creek. They usually feed the ducks around 9am so the earlier the better to see more ducks on the creek. After eating, you can roam around the property, relax in the chairs along the creek, and watch the ducks more. Don’t forget to enjoy a mimosa! PS- it’s within L’Auberge hotel which is an expensive but wonderful hotel if you want to splurge.
Page Springs Cellars
- Summary: A nearby winery to sit back, relax, and sip on some vino. What a rough life.
- Address: 1500 North Page Springs Road, Cornville, AZ 86325
- Hours: Sunday-Wednesday from 11am-7pm | Thursday-Saturday from 11am-9pm
- Tips: Only 20min from Sedona, stop by for a tasting and snacks at the bar during the day so you can take in the views! They have live music Tue-Wed from 3-6pm too.
Psssst….. did you checkout the “EAT” and “LOVE” tabs too?
Our Recommended Weekend Itinerary
2 1/2 days in Sedona
On your way to Sedona, stop at the Chapel of the Holy Cross for a quick visit and to scope out the Red Rocks. Afterwards, check into wherever you’re staying (hotel or Airbnb).
Then head into town and grab a late lunch or early dinner at The Hudson. They’ve got great cocktails there too!
Today is a day full of romantic adventures. Start it off right with a heavenly and breathtaking experience as you eat breakfast along the creek at L’Auberge’s restaurant. Save a little piece of bread to throw to the ducks!
Then drive out to Page Springs Cellars Winery for some tasting and snacking! Once you’ve got a little buzz going on, you’re ready for the adventurous (and kinda scary) part of the day- a Jeep Tour! Be ready for a little craziness!
Afterwards, clean up and head to dinner at Mariposa for some Latin food and more beautiful views.
Start the morning off with a super early hike to Cathedral Rock and afterwards you’ll be ready to jump into the freezing water at Slide Rock Park.
Then clean up, check out, and head to Downtown- Main Street for a well-deserved lunch and some shopping. There are lots of lunch options along Main Street. Shop til you drop!
Later, if you’re in the mood for Mexican food, get to Elote Cafe by 5pm to grab a Margarita while you wait for a table. And maybe a few more during and after dinner too!
Get your Sedona Hotel or Airbnb ahead of time! Search for Sedona AZ hotels here:
[[here’s the map to the locations we’ve mentioned in this blog]]
We hope you enjoy Sedona as much as we do!